Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Taking Advantage of Summer with Nerf Dog

When summer vacation rolls around, I relish the days of spending as much time with Barley and Rye as I want. Summer is all about fun and adventure with my girls (and napping with Soth while I prepare for more fun).

Summer days involve time with Rye's new pool.


We also enjoy relaxing with a good book and a good beer.



No summer day is complete without a ball game, though. When our friends at Chewy.com gave us a chance to review the Nerf Dog Tennis Ball Blaster, we knew it would be the perfect way to round out our summer plans.


Rye was excited about the blaster from the moment I got it out of the box. She danced around while I cut it out of the packaging. She continued her dance while I read the directions on the back of the packaging. 

The blaster comes with a tennis ball, but it works with any standard sized tennis ball. It can launch the ball up to 50 feet, but you can adjust how far you shoot it easily. You can also load it putting the ball in by hand or you can stick the blaster over the ball on the ground and avoid having to pick up a slimy tennis ball.

I was sure that Rye would love this toy. She gets so excited about playing fetch and she was already so excited about the blaster before I got it out of the packaging that I was sure she'd take off after it the first time I shot the blaster. If you follow us on Facebook, then you know this isn't what happened. 

Rye was still really excited about the blaster, but she didn't even register that the ball had gone flying. I was a little worried she'd be scared by the noise the blaster made, so I gave her a treat when she came up to me after I shot it. We tried 5 times, but she still just bounced around me and couldn't figure out why I wasn't throwing the ball. The next day, we tried again. I acted like I was throwing while I shot the blaster with the other hand--and Rye got it!


Barley had absolutely no interest in the blaster, but Rye thinks it's a lot of fun now that she's learned how to use it.



We found the Nerf Dog Tennis Ball Blaster easy to use and a lot of fun to play with. It does make some noise when you shoot it, so it wouldn't be the best toy of a noise-sensitive dog, but for dogs like Rye, it's a great way to change up your typical game of fetch. 

Disclaimer: We were given a Nerf Dog Tennis Ball Blaster from Chewy.com as part of the #ChewyInfluencer program in exchange for our honest review. 




10 comments:

  1. That's pretty awesome! We have no interest in chasing a ball, so it wouldn't work for us. Do that have one that shoots out wabbits? That would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barley doesn't like chasing a ball much, either--she'll do it in the snow, but not this time of year. One that shot out rabbits might be more excitement than we could handle around here!

      Delete
  2. That's awesome, and I love how you taught her how it worked. That should save some on your arm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now if I could just find a way to get her to consistently bring the ball back so I don't have to chase her--she gives it up easily when you catch her--then I could really relax while we play ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, Cricket would love this! She probably wouldn't get it at first either, but once she caught on.... :)
    Luke would probably be put off by the noise though, at least at first.
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish Cricket could come over and play with it with us! I thought Bar might be scared of the noise since she's pretty sensitive to loud things, but she didn't flinch.

      Delete
  4. OMD, my husband would LOVE that, not even to think about Honey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did bring back all kinds of childhood memories! It made me want to get water guns or nerf arrows to play with myself!

      Delete
  5. Looks like a good summer so far!! I'm glad she finally got the hang of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It cracked me up when she bowed down after I shot the tennis ball!

      Delete